Our Hitting Philosophy
The offensive philosophy is based on the Crabbe-ology road map. We break down swing and approach, teaching our players what it takes to be a successful hitter.
- Hitters should have the thought they are attacking every pitch. This puts THEM in control of whether to SWING OR NOT.
- Hitters should stay balanced through a good load with good rhythm, tempo, controlled head and quiet eyes.
- Hitters should understand the concept of weight distribution. Our hitters learn how to use their center of gravity for maximum output. We want free flowing athletes in the batters box.
- Putting too much emphasis on hand action doesn’t maximize output.
- Hitters will learn how to roll into their "A" swing
The goal is to facilitate awareness of the swing mechanics & approach by:
- Developing the proper stance – foundation of swing begins at the legs.
- Helping you understand rhythm & tempo - learning the difference.
- Managing your load – we all need to get to the same position for the best results to do DAMAGE.
- Creating Initiation – proper Sequence of Kinetic Chain .
- Establishing a body awareness
1 Hour* sessions include:
- Debrief- 5 minutes
- Tee drills –10 minutes
- Soft toss drills – 15 minutes
- Overhand toss drills or BP – 15 minutes
- Video analysis – 15 minutes
*These sessions are not recommended before competition or showcases.
30 minute* sessions include:
- Debrief – 5 minutes
- Tee drills/short toss –10 minutes
- Live batting practice – 15 minutes
*Great for showcases or tune-ups